december 22 is steve garvey's 65th birthday. how is it that my boyhood idol is that old? and what does that mean regarding my own mortality? while i ponder the meaning of life and reflect on the passage of time, i would like to see as many garvey cards posted on the blogs on the nl iron man's big day as possible. to help make that happen, i will offer up a 1952 topps card from one of these teams
saint louis browns
boston red sox
chicago white sox
new york yankees
new york giants
saint louis cardinals
(sorry, no brooklyn dodgers)
as a prize to be given out a randomly selected blogger who successfully does the following:
- sometime on 12/22/13, publish a post featuring a steve garvey card - dodger or padre - it doesn't matter
- have the words 'happy birthday steve garvey' in the post title - that doesn't have to be the whole title
- link back to my blog main page - garveyceyrusselllopes.blogspot.com - in the post
- on the 22nd, provide a link to your post in the comment section on this post with the team of your choosing from the list above
- bonus task - hype this contest on your blog and leave a link to your hype-post in the comments on this post and get a second entry in the randomization
make sense? then get to scanning/photographing/image-lifting a garvey card! i think it would be cool to see blog rolls filled with garvey goodness!
i will post some reminders between now and the 21st, but only comments and links left on this post on the 22nd will count.