06 August 2011

it's 1991 all over again

no, i'm not really talking about this 1991 topps card made by dave at goose joak a while back
although it is pretty awesome (and i know how tough the 1991 is to recreate thanks to the 1991 topps traded fernando valenzuela card that should have been that i made a while back).  no, what i mean is that it is 1991 world champions reunion weekend here in minny.  that means the streets are awash with the likes of scott erickson, gene larkin, terry leach, and the guys who are here anyway, such as tom kelly, dan gladden and jack morris.
lots of autograph opportunities today.  i might stop and try for morris (again) along with gladden and erickson after i hit the card show.

need anything?

5 comments:

Cubbieblue1984 said...

I dunno what you'd want in trade for it, but a Morris on a Twins card would se SWEET for the collection...

Tony said...

Jack Morris on a Blue Jays card?

Cubbieblue1984 said...

That works too, I dunno what you'd want in return for it though... I haven't actively collected in about 5 years so I'm a bit lacking in trade bait

gcrl said...

@cubbieblue1984 - i wound up not taking any cards with me to the signing. got morris on my son's twins helmet and the others in his yearbook. he signs fairly regularly so i'll keep an eye out

@tony - ditto. i'll keep that in mind next time he's signing

Tony said...

No worries, I'm not really in dire need of one, I have Jack Morris on a baseball which is more important. It would be nice to add to the Jays collection,thanks for keeping me in mind.