06 October 2009

win twins! with a timely joe nathan through the mail success!

wow. a game for the ages. instant classic. so many twists and turns. first raburn then casilla goes from goat to hero. what the twins have done the last month or so, without their first baseman,

is mind boggling. sure, the tigers have played as poorly as the twins have played well, but they have played well nonetheless.

joe mauer for mvp is a no-brainer in my opinionit's kind of cool that this was in my mailbox today as i got home just as the game was starting. joe signed and returned it in about a week which is fantastic considering everything the twins have had going on in that time, and nathan has pitched in most of those games. i love the fact that he was a giant and that they traded him with 2 other guys for aj.

earlier in the summer, joe also signed and returned his 2008 topps allen & ginter card anyway, sorry for the lack of focus, but i am still in a state of disbelief. what a game that was.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

That was a great game! I am a Royal fan, but I almost always root for the Twins in the postseason. It's good to see a small market team succeed. I just wish that the Royals could copy that.

GO TWINS!!!

Collective Troll said...

I agree with what Zach said, and for that reason I am rooting for the Twins! I wish I got to see more than just the highlights, but it seemed like a great game and the Twins are a great story, their perservance is amazing! Go Twins!