- none of the three card subjects are looking at the camera
- steve garvey is comparatively short
- although he hit 272 home runs in his career, i don't think anyone really considered steve garvey a 'slugger'
- with 4 mvp awards between them, along with everything else, none of the three guys are in the hall of fame. was there any kid growing up in the late 70's/early 80's that didn't think at least one of these guys would be in cooperstown by now?
- the braves and reds were once in the nl west
- this picture was taken prior to the 1985 all star game, which means the background is that of the hubert h. humphrey metrodome!
- this picture was taken prior to the 1985 all star game, and features three participants (one unlikely) of the first official all star home run derby (parker won with 6, murphy had 4 and garvey tied jack clark and ryne sandberg with 2. ripken jr brought up the rear with 1).
- i got this card for free, just by asking for it!
1967 topps len gabrielson (sketch card was a bonus!)
a big ol' stack of torii hunter cards, including this 2008 upper deck first edition card